Product Marketing Manager at WeTransfer
New York City, NY, US
About the role
You will be part of a diverse marketing team tasked with growing WeTransfer’s community of users across its product set.
You’ll lead Product Marketing for WeTransfer’s web and mobile products (Paper and Paste), collaborating cross-functionally with brand marketing, digital marketing, communications, growth, and product teams to position and communicate WeTransfer and Paste by WeTransfer to drive usage. Day-to-day, you’ll sit with one foot in marketing and another in product, working closely with both teams to share insights and turn them into actionable marketing and product plans.
We believe people are at their best when they create, and that they’re more likely to do so when the tools they use are beautifully obvious. You’ll be tasked with extending that ethos into our product communications across the user journey, supporting a community of creatives to make more, more easily.
There are a lot of companies whose product messaging just gets in the way. This is a job for someone that wants to do things differently.
What you’ll be doing
As part of our team, you’ll lead a cross-functional group to develop and deliver go-to market plans for our set of products.
- Define the core positioning and messaging architecture for WeTransfer desktop-first and mobile products based on user segmentation and insights
- Develop go-to market strategies for each product and manage the cross-functional implementation of their respective plans
- Deliver 360 marketing plans for launches, releases, and major feature updates
- Together with Growth team, maximize conversion of platform visitors to drive usage across the product set
- Together with Product Leads, set and refine pricing for premium offerings where relevant to realize company revenue goals
- Most of all, get the word out to millions of potential users and let them know about what we do and why do it
Who we are looking for?
You’re a self-starter that likes to work in a fast-paced company that’s rapidly growing. You’re able to take strategic directives and devise your own tactics and deliverables to execute against them. You love distilling stories to their simplest form and communicating that in creative ways that others wouldn’t. You’re not afraid of a crazy idea and you love to take one and run with it.
- Have 8-10 years relevant experience
- Have demonstrated success at growing products at different stages of maturity globally on an international basis
- Have demonstrated success working cross-functionally to launch industry-leading products
Like to work on projects that zig where others zag
Are comfortable in a fast-moving environment and willing to learn, unlearn, and relearn
Know how to analyze user insights to maximize usage and convert across the marketing funnel
Have experience positioning products and growing userbases