Do you like to test fantastic softwares? Join us !
We like to create things in the rules of the art. That's why, for example, we have developed our own database engine: it exactly meets our needs for extraordinary performance through neat design and fun! We are very attentive to the quality of our software, our belief in the KISS principle (Keep It Stupid Simple) and that we go through production through guerrit.
We are looking for people who are in line with our philosophy: passion for technology, willingness to discover and try new things, teamwork. We work in a casual environment, with nerves battles, hackathons and crazy geek stuff.
Our Internship program will give you a chance to get to the real-world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking a self-motivated intern to join our organization within our R & D department (+30 dev). In this position you will be expected to assist the R&D manager with the analysis of the test frame code.
You will join one of our R&D teams, for a 6 months internship, and work closely with the Developers, Product Managers, Support engineers, to understand their needs and ensure maximum quality of our test infrastructure .
The goal is to make our test run faster . It’s the test frame used daily by the R&D and it’s a continual challenge to adapt it to our needs, to report defects efficiently as fast as possible an ensure its high availability.
- Analyze our current test frame and identify bottlenecks
- Suggest improvements to speed up the time to complete the automated tests.
- Modify our current test frame code to parallelize the tests and deploy it on our servers.
- Improve reporting on defects found by our test frame.
- Improve the monitoring of KPIs.
The challenge ?
- Reduce the time before a patch is actually being tested, reduce the time to complete the test suite.
- Have riggers to detect defects. Have KPIs to know how long it takes on average for a patch to be tested and if this time is increasing or not
Technical stack :
- Test framework: Python 2.7, Buildbot
- Version control system: Git
- Environment: Linux
- Other tools: gdb (debugging), web debugging tools, performance monitoring
- Test server: Squash
Skills and Abilities:
- Currently pursuing a min Bac+3 or equivalent in software engineering or related field.
- Experience in programming in python
- Able to manage basic and complex commands in Linux
- Willigness to learn, be mentored and improve
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products.
- Eager to discover new tools.
- Autonomy and intellectual rigor
- Ability to document tools and process in english
Why join Intersec?
- If you're looking for an environment with a strong tech culture: blog, hackathon, show & tell, good practices / standby, casual wear
- If you are an automation enthusiast
- If you are looking for a team open to innovation and initiative
- If you enjoy multicultural environments (+22 nationalities)
- Bright offices, with superb 360-degree views, shops and many amenities nearby
- Start-up spirit: billiards, table football, consoles, arcades, ping-pong, piano
- Numerous aperitifs and team lunches
- Several surprises from our "Wellness" group and Corporate Social Committee
- Corporate restaurant, cafeteria, fully equipped kitchen, tea room, gym, ...
Ready for the Challenge? Join Us…