What we do
WeTransfer aims to build simple tools around people’s creative process, on any device. We’re interested in the weird and wonderful ways that creative minds work, and how they shape the world around us. This thinking has made our products and brand loved by anyone – from our moms to your favorite artists. As we grow, the simplicity of our service will be challenged. It is our responsibility to design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people every day.
QA at WeTransfer
As a company that is embracing agile development, it is important to us that quality will be owned and managed by the development teams. We’re looking for a QA manager to further mature our processes to help make this a core competency across the organization.
You’ll be responsible for establishing an effective and sustainable culture around quality assurance in the company. Building on the work that has been done you will define which methodologies to apply, how to leverage available internal and external resources, what testing tools to use, how to define defect statuses, how to classify the state of a build, and so on.
The teams you’ll be working with are developing products for all major platforms, including mobile and desktop, both native and web, using a variety of technologies and programming languages such as Swift, Kotlin, React, Ruby, and NodeJS. There’s a focus on automating as much of the QA processes as possible. You will ensure that the teams don’t become disconnected from things such as the business drivers behind the code, integration and working with customers.
Because you receive input from all the teams and cross-system activities, you’re uniquely positioned to see the big picture, reflect on the overall status of application quality, and identify bottlenecks.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the engineering leads to define and agree on what standards to use.
- Determine how we introduce methods to the teams, how we train them, and how we monitor progress and quality throughout the development process. Establishing the guidelines the teams use to implement QA processes within their development.
- Ensure that the QA team is properly equipped to test for the assigned product team’s particular work.
- Help the development teams define quality metrics. For example, how are defects classified? What constitutes a ‘show stopper’? How is efficiency defined? What’s the regression ratio? What caused the regression? What was the initial quality delivered?
- Take a macroscopic look at quality by examining the trends in metrics across all teams in the organisation. Determining the quality of the company’s product as a whole, and identifying any teams that might not be working effectively.
- Collaborating closely with other disciplines to make sure our entire design and development chain is set up for delivering high quality products to our end users.
What we’ll be looking for
A deep understanding of engineering, with strong technical skills and preferrably with a background in computer science.
QA experience within continuous delivery environments, in organisations using agile methodologies in cross-functional teams.
Empathy for our users and a focus on user experience, with a deep understanding how various types of issues in our product affect that.
Leadership experience, since bringing people along in your mission is a key aspect of the role.
Smarts and an inquisitive attitude. You’ll deal with quite a bit of complexity, and should be comfortable with ambiguity and abstraction.
You articulate your ideas effectively through your verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in the English language is required.
WeTransfer is part of the creative community and so are you — broadly interested in tech, culture, and the arts.
You love to learn, unlearn, and relearn. In this rapidly changing world, it’s imperative to keep evolving.
Diversity. Our products are used by all kinds of amazing people, from all over the world. We actively look to have the wonderful diversity of all the people that use our products reflected in our teams.
This role is based in our Amsterdam office. You should either live within a commutable distance, or willing to relocate (we’ll help you make the move, some conditions apply for visa applications).
We’d love for you to get in touch if you’re committed to raise the bar in the creation of meaningful products, used by millions of people every day. 🚀