Senior Software Engineer (Windows Kernel) at Malwarebytes
Clearwater, FL, US
Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. Worldwide, more than 10,000 businesses and millions of individuals use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
We’re not looking for people who know all the answers; we want people who can think creatively and are not afraid to bring forward new ideas. The problems we solve are meaningful, exciting, and constantly-evolving. Your code will protect millions of customers from emerging threats and will restore their confidence in using their computers. Our product development team is looking for an experienced engineer ready for the challenge of delivering great products to our users.
What You'll Do:
- Development of the next generation of Malwarebytes products.
- Develop new and exciting ways to help contribute to the fight against malware.
- Develop strategies for monitoring and protecting new Windows technologies, especially advanced storage and networking technologies.
- Work with automated test team to develop and implement Windows kernel driver testing environments.
- Play a key role in designing and developing tools to support all of the Malwarebytes initiatives.
- Design and develop key integrations between Malwarebytes systems and products.
- Support your fellow developers; proactively communicate, document, unit-test, and peer review.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a range of people in a SCRUM environment,
- Create superior results while building new skills.
- Work as a team to ensure everyone meets their goals.
Skills You'll Need to Have:
- Strong C and C++ development skills.
- Strong Windows Kernel driver development skills with multi-threaded and multi-processor high performance applications. Prefer experience including advanced storage technologies and AV monitor filters.
- Strong debugging and analysis skills, including Windows kernel debugging and crash dump analysis.
- Ability to work on a high performance team in a high-tech startup or startup-like environment.
- Experience working in an Agile and/or Scrum environment.
- Demonstrated technical capabilities are a must as are people skills. This position requires an ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of people.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world.
- A great work environment that supports growth and development.
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages.
- 401(k) matching program.
- Open time off policy.
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options.