Founded in the UK in 2008, we have a global footprint with representation on every continent and offices across the world. We are on a mission to transform the way businesses communicate and collaborate by designing intuitive messaging, premium meeting and calling solutions.
In September, the company was named in the Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100.
Our culture is built on collaboration, inclusion, creativity and support. This permeates everything we do, across all our teams and operations. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a part to play in our success and that everyone should be rewarded for their contribution. This is why every single permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through the company’s share option scheme.
StarLeaf is looking for a Junior Technical Author to join the UK product team.
You will be joining a fast-growing technology company, creating technical documentation about the company’s video conferencing products, services, and technology. The documentation includes installation and user guides, admin guides, knowledge base articles, release notes, video tutorials, and online help. You will collaborate on a daily basis with the rest of the product team, R&D, and customer support teams.
Future Prospects: As a member of our rapidly growing company, you will be presented with exciting opportunities to progress your career. You will make a real difference to the service we provide our customers today and be crucial to how they and the company evolve.
We are looking for someone with a passion for writing who is looking to start a career as a technical author. Attention to detail, excellent writing ability, and an interest in technology are required.You will have a strong interest in information design and this will shine through in your CV.
You should definitely have:
- A degree in any subject; the ability to quickly grasp complex engineering and technical concepts is essential.
- Experience with, or a willingness to learn, industry-standard authoring tools such as Flare, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- An inquisitive nature, with the ability to ask the right questions of the people who have expertise in the relevant area.
- A talent for understanding complex technical information and explaining it clearly and effectively.
- Excellent writing skills: proven ability to effectively plan, structure, write, and edit clear, concise, accurate, and useful content.
- Ability to produce graphics (screenshots, flowcharts, diagrams) to communicate tasks and concepts.
- An excellent command of English grammar and usage.
- An extremely keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines can change unexpectedly.
- Experience in creating and managing documents including appropriate version control.