Software Engineer in Test at Nexthink
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia and the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
Thanks to our fantastic growth we are looking for new rock stars!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with programming skills in Object Oriented programming languages and with test automation capabilities to play a major role in the company. The candidate should be heavily motivated by the product and experienced in Software development and testing.
The position entails a high level of responsibility within the R&D team. Your contribution will have a significant impact on the satisfaction of hundreds of our happy customers. As a Software engineer at Nexthink, your duty is to ensure that the software we deliver fulfil the product requirements by collaborating with our product experts. You will participate in all stages of software development: design, implementation, validation, maintenance and will collaborate with our experts and with the different teams.
If you are highly motivated and result driven, you have a high sense of product ownership, constantly learning and enhancing your skills, you are open to feedback and you like being accountable and work within a team, then, do not hesitate to apply.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Give guidance in terms of QA to the software development teams and participate actively in the implementation of automation framework and increasing automation test coverage.
- Actively discuss with the Product Manager to design the acceptance criteria and to prepare, ahead of test execution, test plan and automation scripts.
- Select and assess proper testing tools and utilities.
- Write code to automate the testing of new and existing features.
- Run manual and automated regression tests.
- Takeover the third level support cases and manage the issue resolution process.
- Analyze performance bottlenecks and stability issues.
- Participate in the product release delivery process.
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset and best practices and participate actively to the different agile ceremonials
- Seniority level: Mid-Senior
- Function: Engineering
- 3+ years of proven QA experience in software development
- Deep experience in web application test automation and integration tests
- Ability to write shell scripts and small programs (e.g. bash, Python, …)
- Teamwork and collaboration are part of your DNA
- Good leadership and soft skillset (e.g. proactivity, pragmatism, open-minded, excellent communication skills, …)
- Experience in an agile environment is a must, including associated tools (e.g. Jira) and mindset (i.e., continuous improvement, lean thinking, …).
- Experience with micro-services, containers, API gateway, REST is a plus
- Working experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Strong motivation for complex challenges and learning new technologies
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), French is a plus
We are a fast-pace growing company and we are hiring and growing a lot in our Madrid office. If you are looking for a change, and you like a nice atmosphere, lots of challenges and having fun while working, then this is a great opportunity for you!!!
- Location: Plaza Colon (Madrid). Our office is conveniently located, and it is very pretty and cool! Don’t believe us? Let us know in advance and come check, we can invite you for a coffee.
- Permanent Contract, after you pass your probation period. And watch out, you will not want to leave!
- There are more R&D teams in Madrid, so you can grow within the company.
- Ticket Restaurant, Private health Insurance & Gym discount on subscriptions.
- You can choose to adhere to a flexible retribution plan for kindergarten & transport tickets.
- Possibility to work from home 1 day a week (maybe two if you really need to).
- Willing to travel from time to time
- Flexible Hours, so when you do your 40 hours a week, you can leave earlier on Fridays.
- 50% off on English / Spanish classes.
- Fresh fruit, cookies, and occasionally some soft drinks as well.
- Pizza talks once a month (knowledge pills + pizza!), you can just listen, or even present something you are passionate about.
- We host the Madrid Scrum Alliance user group every other month, which are a great learning and networking opportunity.