We’re at the perfect middle ground between start-up and large company, between the garage and the towering corporate headquarters. Like in a start-up, you’ll get a direct impact on code that goes into production rather than exploring something that will get shelved by management (or attending meetings to plan other meetings). You’ll use multiple, new technologies, and you’ll always be able to suggest new technical solutions, rather than maintaining that Fortran monstrosity that no one really understands. But we’re not a garage band, which has its perks too: the company is sufficiently specialized that you can focus on your work as a software engineer without having to moonlight as everything else.
The Product Department
Lausanne is the global headquarters for a global company, which means that you’ll be at the heart of the development of a product used by the best companies worldwide.
In this position you will be part of a Nexthink R&D team. We have an agile mindset and we apply it in our software development lifecycle. We truly believe and encourage team work, as a means of achieving frequent delivery with the highest quality. Collaboration and communication skills are therefore key to succeed.
We also believe in empowered teams. We hire smart people to tell us what are the optimal solutions to the problems our customers have. High level of empowerment comes with an equal level of responsibility inside the Product Engineering team, as your contribution will have a direct and significant impact on the visualization component of our real‐time monitoring technology that is already used by hundreds of major organizations including major corporations and administrations over the world.
Every day, millions of employees are trying to get things done with the business-services that they are provided. Whilst they do their best to provide a good service, IT teams are blind to what their end-users are actually experiencing. Nexthink will bring them the visibility needed to improve employees’ experiences, but if we want to achieve this, we’ll need the best talent out there!
Be a part of our team and help us build the best business-service monitoring product that money can buy!
Enjoy an amazing work environment. You want to go to the gym? You got it. You want to share knowledge or learn something? That’s what the pizza talks are for. Flexible hours, work from home when you need to? Sure. Free coffee, fresh fruits and beverages? No doubt.
You want the coolest job on this side of the galaxy? You’re at the right place. So, what are you waiting for? The button you’re looking for is on the top right of the screen.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Give guidance in terms of QA to the software development teams and participate actively in the implementation of automation framework and increasing automation test coverage.
- Actively discuss with the Product Manager to design the acceptance criteria and to prepare, ahead of test execution, test plan and automation scripts.
- Select and assess proper testing tools and utilities.
- Write code to automate the testing of new and existing features.
- Run manual and automated regression tests.
- Takeover the third level support cases and manage the issue resolution process.
- Analyze performance bottlenecks and stability issues.
- Participate in the product release delivery process.
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset and best practices and participate actively to the different agile ceremonials
- Seniority level: Mid-Senior
- Function: Engineering