Software QA Engineer - Anti-Malware at Malwarebytes
Santa Clara, CA, US
Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
- Someone who enjoys solving challenging computer and network issues.
- With “go getter” attitude and must be willing to learn and grow.
- Enjoys working with people.
- Someone who can carry “A Message to Garcia”.
What You'll Do:
- Become a subject-matter testing expert of Anti-Malware technology in Malwarebytes products.
- Execution of tests in wide variety of applications and Windows operation systems.
- Simulate customer environments to replicate issues and to perform root cause analysis.
- Be an integral part of the team while continuously participating in improving process and test methodologies, execution efficiency and effectivenes
Skills You'll Need to Have:
- 2-4 years of software QA experience on Windows
- Experience in testing enterprise security application is a plus
- Working knowledge of Process Monitor, Wireshark, WinDbg, Python and PowerShell, system level troubleshooting on Windows OS.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience is required
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff