Site Reliability Engineer Manager at Malwarebytes
Santa Clara, CA, US
Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
We participate towards the common goal of offering great reliable services to the millions of endpoints whom our customers have come to rely upon for a malware free existence. We work directly with product, development, and security teams to ensure that we are continually improving in all aspects of the SDLC. We encourage innovation and rely on the automation it breeds, for operating efficiently.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the data science SRE team, within engineering.
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams in knowledge sharing and cross team initiatives
- Work with product and development teams to establish SLO’s for supported products
- Work with the SRE and development teams to create meaningful SLI’s for measuring SLO performance
- Encourage and work with your team to create innovative methods for reducing toil
- Provide leadership, skills development opportunities, and mentoring to engineers on your team
- Contribute to discussion and creation of cloud engineering standards, across engineering
- Provide after-hours support and incident response for production systems
- Provide support for non-production environments
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Well versed in devops best practices
- You are ‘technical’ enough to aid in driving innovation across your team
- Passionate about process improvements and automation
- Effective in managing priorities
- You enjoy solving interesting problems
- Aid and encourage those around you to identifying risk
- Lead by example to mitigate communication breakdowns within and across teams
- Understand the value in your team having ‘measurable success'
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience as either a manager or a tech lead of an innovative service team
- Experience with agile scrum processes
- A deep understanding of cloud technologies and infrastructure
- You have managed risk mitigation for business impacting systems, at scale
- You have worked effectively with geographically distributed teams
- A deep understanding of CI/CD practices
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff