Mac OS X Senior QA Engineer at Malwarebytes
Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
We’re looking for an experienced and innovative QA engineer with an agile mindset, inclined more to automatic QA testing rather than to manual one. We do some manual testing but we are investing a lot into automation. The candidate should have strong programming skills, capable not only to maintain and extend existing automation codebase (written mostly on Python 3) as new product features and requirements emerge, but to also refactor and re-architect the codebase so that it will become more maintainable, reliable, easier and more fun to use. We are open to new ideas, latest trends and approaches in the QA field, eager to resolve any tech debts as soon as there is an opportunity.
What You’ll Do:
- Own Mac OS X product testing from end to end
- Plan, develop, and implement test strategies and test plans to make sure the product features meet product requirements
- Design and implement automated tests
- Collaborate with development and other functional teams in all aspect of the product quality in agile scrum environment; functional, performance, system, security testing.
Skills You'll Need to Have:
- 4+ years hands-on QA experience
- Strong background in Mac OS X system knowledge
- Knowledge of QA methodologies, best practices, and terminology
- Programming experience (preferably with Python 3 language) to develop automation tests
- Motivated individual who has a knack for breaking software and finding “good” bugs
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently on medium/high complexity tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Skills We'd Like You to Have:
- ISTQB Advanced level certification
- System and software security testing knowledge
- Knowledge of various Endpoint Security Products
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties and lots of other great stuff