iOS Engineer at Malwarebytes
Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Our team is looking for an iOS Engineer. Who loves the challenge of building products to solve the hard problems. Specifically, the job is to keep and extend the great protection we provide our Mobile customers (as well as we do for our Desktop customers). The ideal candidate will have solid experience creating products for iOS. We are not looking for coders, who just take tickets from backlog and push code. We are looking for product engineers.
What You'll Do:
- Development of the next generation of Malwarebytes products.
- Design and write code, write unit tests, contribute integration tests on iOS platform.
- Design and develop key integrations between Malwarebytes systems and products.
- Support your fellow developers; proactively communicate, document unit-test, and peer review.
- Work closely with product managers, testers, designers in a fast-paced Scrum/Agile environment.
- Work as a team to ensure everyone meets their goals.
Skills You'll Need to Have:
- Minimum 4+ years software engineering experience with 3+ years of iOS development experience
- A university degree in a technical subject (Computer science, Mathematics or similar)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Swift, Cocoa Touch, iOS Architecture and iOS Frameworks
- A UX and user-centric mindset
- You are very comfortable troubleshooting and debugging apps
- You are highly self-motivated, smart and get things done
- You have a positive, team attitude
- You are constructive and take feedback well
- You have excellent communication skills and keep your cool under pressure
- You have a natural instinct for writing tests
- You understand (really) and embrace the value of code coverage
- You take pride in craftsmanship of your code and the systems you build
- You manage your tasks very well and do a great job of estimating work
Skills We'd Like You to Have:
- Mobile security application development experience
- Ability to connect iOS clients with backend systems (JSON, REST)
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance optimization and packaging
- Automation experience is a big plus
- Source management skills with Github
- Mac development experience is a plus, especially on Safari
- Android Development experience is a big plus
- Experience in Extension Development is a big plus
- Experience building software in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Knowledge of the open-source iOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines, patterns, and best practices
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties and lots of other great stuff