Director, Creative Services at Malwarebytes
Santa Clara, CA, US
Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
We are seeking a highly dynamic and talented Creative Services Director who will manage the creative standards for the company, including physical signage, web and video, in addition to taking leadership of a cross-functional creative team. Reporting to the SVP of Corporate Marketing, the ideal candidate will have integrated cross-channel campaign and promotional experience, with the ability to come in ready to lead and develop a design services team. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to push the envelope- edgy, forward-thinking, disruptive, but still able to appeal to business audiences. This will be someone who can help Malwarebytes strike the right creative note, balancing a well-known consumer brand with the need to establish authority in the business world. A player-coach with specific design accomplishments, the person in this role will have extensive website design and A/B testing experience as well as expertise in Brand ID design. This role will continually review and optimize results for every piece of creative work that the team produces, and will additionally direct the creative vision for the business, partner with other departments to define project assignments, and develop and execute on creative solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish, manage, and maintain the creative direction and goals for specific projects ensuring that they fit the corporate brand.
- Website design and A/B testing design.
- Brand ID design.
- Oversee assigned projects, ensuring creative assets of an exceptionally high quality.
- Assume responsibility for meeting project deadlines.
- Develop and assess individual team member’s technical skills, professional techniques, training needs, and professional growth while completing assigned projects by their respective deadlines.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising, Graphic Design, Communications, or equivalent job-related experience in related field/industry.
- 10+ years of experience in graphic design within a business environment.
- Web and brand creative experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Experience directing art/design (advertising, promotion, and interactive media).
- Proficient working with creative professionals such as copywriters, vendors, and freelancers.
- Expert technical knowledge of software applications, processes, products, and hardware architecture.
- Familiarity with using customer data and insights to inform design decisions.
- Must be comfortable designing for web-based direct customer response/conversion.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff