Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve. Sound interesting?
About the Position
Zwift is a Data Driven Company. We want to develop our platform based on data about our users, what do they like best, what features are most engaging. Everyone in the company breaths data on a daily basis, both to validate our intuitions and hypotheses, and to get insights on what features should be built next.
As a Software Engineer in the Data Engineering Team you will be responsible to build the platforms, systems, and tools that allow the entire company to work with data. This includes the architecture & design for the overall data pipeline that enables the company to:
- run A/B Tests easily, splitting the traffic of both the game and our website and emails.
- run queries for AdHoc Data Analysis and present visual representations of the data.
- integrate the various systems in the company to build a coherent dataset of every piece of data that is collected inside as well as data from outside the company.
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Advanced Experience with Programing Languages such as Java, Python or Ruby
- Advanced Experience with both Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Experience with Cloud Based Environments such as AWS
- Advanced knowledge in Linux
- Knowledge of shell programming tools such as awk, sed, curl
- Advanced Experience in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms and overall Software Design
- Fluent in English (interviews will be conducted in English)
- As part of a company that works with many remote teams, having great oral and written communication skills, good requirements gathering, and good management of expectations is a must
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, 10+ years of professional experience
- Experience on Systems Integration
- Experience in Data Scraping, Web Scraping and ETL techniques
- Experience with TDD, Integration Tests, Continuous Integration, etc
- Experience on Database Design
- Experience on Distributed Systems
- Knowledge in MapReduce Frameworks such as Hadoop
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with Hive
- Experience with Redshift
- Experience with Spark
Top Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here
- Fast growing, dynamic environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of diverse individuals who love what they do
- Did we mention that we ride bikes at work?