Field Product Manager at Nexthink
Boston, MA, US
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia and the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
Thanks to our fantastic growth we are looking for new rock stars!
Field Product Managers are responsible for acting as an extension of the PM team but work closely with the field. They bring input to product owners to prioritize the right set of features for Nexthink customers.
In this role, you’ll be embedded in the field and bring the input back to the Nexthink product teams. Using this input, you will help improve the alignment of products and services with standards and frameworks required for conducting business with customers.
- Identify a variety of customer needs for the platform and architecture
- Prioritize customer certifications/compliance needs and requirements and collaborate with internal teams to ensure they are prioritized
- Maintain a roadmap along with estimated release dates
- Collaborate in the product feature planning process; ensure that the product set meets the requirements of all customers who will deploy/use it, whether they are IT professionals or procurement departments.
- Understand the market and competition for use case support as a means of driving adoption of Nexthink technology.
- Support planning, execution and go-to-market
- Level: Mid-Senior level
- Function: Product Engineering
- Experience in ITSM domain
- 5-10 years experience
- Extraordinarily strong analytical abilities and a natural predisposition toward data-based decision-making. You should nevertheless be able to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data.
- Ability and prior experience working closely with sales teams and solutions architects is a requirement
- Technical background and/or IT Architecture/Administration experience, MBA is a plus.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills characterized by transparency and brevity
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks
- Dynamic and engaging speaker comfortable in front of audiences of all sizes
- Ability to prioritize projects and efforts according to business needs