Cloud Operations Engineer at Nexthink
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia and the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
Thanks to our fantastic growth we are looking for new rock stars!
Nexthink is looking for passionate and innovative professionals that are keen to join a newly formed and fast growing Cloud Operations team in Madrid. The team is being built to ensure our Cloud platform is operated using best in class methodologies and tools and allow us to delight our clients with the best cloud experience.
The team is responsible of maintaining our Cloud solutions with top performance, availability and service level, but also ensure that it runs in a cost-efficient way. The Cloud Operations Engineer will also use her/his Software Engineering skills to prototype and deliver tools and products that will help reaching those goals, and will also participate into the operational requirements process.
Finally, you will be part of a fast growing, international company with an opportunity to join the Cloud team, a strategic initiative that will help accelerate this growth.
- Monitoring. Use and own the specifications of our tooling set related to monitoring, telemetry, reliability, automation for End to End service
- Incident management and response: Detect, diagnose and fix incidents finding solutions to achieve required Service Levels (rollback, restore backups, etc). Owner of the post-mortem process of such incidents by writing technical content both for customers and internal stakeholders.
- Operations. Define or build automation mechanisms for cloud operations: build, deploy, update, patch, backup, restore, scale, extend, protect, etc. Use past experience to solve most relevant issues in a proactive fashion by either writing product or platform specifications, or building the required automation to prevent the issues to surface again.
- Change Control. Owning the product update process for live client instances
- Reliability. Manage the availability of the production instances of our cloud services. Understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, redundancy and performance attributes and requirements of the cloud services
- Subject matter expert: be the ultimate escalation point for major platform related incidents
- Min 5 years of experience in Software Development with knowledge of best practice of professional software development, deploying, and in general lifecycle management.
- Experience with monitoring solutions, such as: Azure Analytics, Grafana, and others
- Experience administering and deploying on cloud-based platforms (Azure, AWS, Google and/or others), using infrastructure as code (Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.), configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet) and pipeline creation tools (like Jenkins).
- Solid understanding of the network stack (TCP/IP, VPN, HTTP, SSL, routing, etc.), cloud topologies (VPC, Virtual Subnets, NACLS, NSG, ILB, ELB, etc.) and storage (S3, EBS, Azure Files etc).
- At ease with operating and managing production systems, solving issues striking the right balance between urgency and methodology.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in coordinating teams and persons to maintain a SLA.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
We are a fast-pace growing company and we are hiring and growing a lot in our Madrid office. If you are looking for a change, and you like a nice atmosphere, lots of challenges and having fun while working, then this is a great opportunity for you!!!
- Location: Plaza Colon (Madrid). Our office is conveniently located, and it is very pretty and cool! Don’t believe us? Let us know in advance and come check, we can invite you for a coffee.
- Permanent Contract.
- Ticket Restaurant, Private health Insurance & Gym discount on subscriptions.
- You can choose to adhere to a flexible retribution plan for kindergarten & transport tickets.
- Possibility to work from home 1 day a week.
- Willing to travel from time to time
- Flexible Hours, so when you do your 40 hours a week, you can leave earlier on Fridays.
- 50% off on English / French / Spanish classes.
- Fresh fruit, cookies, and occasionally some soft drinks as well.
- Pizza talks once a month (knowledge pills + pizza!), you can just listen, or even present something you are passionate about.
- We host the Madrid Scrum Alliance user group every other month, which are a great learning and networking opportunity.