Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. The Zwift platform delivers an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. The company is endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve.
Fit-Tech will consist of high calibre, experienced individuals forming a new division and therefore P&L at Zwift. The team will focus on topics of high strategic importance to Zwift and Zwift eSports, in particular developing new products that improve or enhance the overall Zwift offering.
The successful candidate will work across multidisciplinary teams (Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electronics, Embedded and App Software) and sub-contractors to lead the delivery of complex and innovative fitness products and solutions on time, budget and to quality and performance levels agreed with the Fit-Tech Governance team.
The role requires a good understanding of project management and engineering best practice including mechanical, electrical and software development principles in order to guide the team through the product creation process.
Due to the start-up nature of the division, the role holder may be required to work flexible hours to accommodate project demands and take on tasks outside their normal scope from time-to-time.
The role will primarily be based at the London office, but may require regular visits to Zwift’s other global offices, along with suppliers and sub-contractors worldwide.
As Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of multiple New Product Development (NPD) projects on time, on budget and to quality and performance targets. Projects may cover some or all phases from concept through development and production to sustaining engineering and product retirement
- Co-operating with engineering teams to define and maintain estimates and plans, track progress and manage project issues, risks and opportunities
- Coordinating design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for Zwift, including RFQs, contracts, timelines, change control and invoicing
- Partner with other functions in Zwift to ensure Fit Tech products and goals are consistent and joined up. For example, working with the game team on software requirements for feature and functional integration
- Coordinating with delivery and service divisions and partners to ensure proper product training, procedural compliance, and other practices are followed
- Scenario plan based on internal and external changes or events, and deciding how to pivot to achieve project goals within tolerance, or escalate where necessary.
- Supporting the Senior Director, Program with strategic planning and objectives, project tracking metrics and regular progress reports
- Implementing business efficiency and continuous improvement initiatives
- Following and implementing Health and Safety, and Product Safety practices
Key skills and experience
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline, related industrial/product design or product management subjects
- Prince2, APM, Scrum, Agile PM or other relevant Project/Program management qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a position of project or program manager leading several large scale complex product delivery projects in a start-up or fast growing multinational business
- Experience in agile/scrum project practices and more traditional waterfall methods
- Ability to switch between ‘strategic’, ‘tactical’ and ‘hands on’ approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate with and give guidance to engineering and other teams
- Able to liaise effectively and communicate with other functions and groups across the company and externally
- A broad experience of product design lifecycles including DFM and DFA, preferably in products for consumer applications
- Disciplined approach to running multi-faceted project timelines whilst demonstrating the ability to be agile and manage dynamic situations
Location & Travel:
- London, UK,
- Regular visits to Zwift’s Long Beach CA office and International contract manufacturers, vendors or partners
- Ability to travel to anywhere in the world on a monthly basis to perform the roles duties
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply via this website