Brand Protection Analyst - Law Graduate at Incopro
INCOPRO is an emerging technology business, with market leading technology, delivering innovative solutions to enable brand protection online for some of the largest and most valuable brands in the world.
Continued growth in use of the Web has led to an explosion in brand abuse. The global market for counterfeit products is estimated at nearly one trillion dollars annually.
At INCOPRO, we are constantly striving to deliver products and associated services that enable businesses to protect themselves online – our mission is to “Make the Internet Better for Businesses and their Consumers”.
INCOPRO's primary customer base is in-house intellectual property (IP) lawyers who are focused on enforcing against brand abuse and counterfeiting across the Internet. Our clients come from a wide range of industries including luxury brands, sports, entertainment, technology, consumer goods and more.
Reports to Brand Protection Team Leader
Collect, collate, research and analyse data from a diverse range of sources, including Incopro's own systems, to produce high-quality, timely, relevant and actionable intelligence, information and research products. Provide enforcement services to protect client intellectual property rights in a professional and courteous manner.
- Work with large, complex datasets through the whole process of collection and cleaning through to end analysis;
- Support the development and delivery of a suite of intelligence products to enforce the rights of Incopro’s clients, thinking laterally about the impact of wider events on their brands;
- Develop relationships with clients to ensure that all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner and feedback is provided on progress/action;
- Develop relationships with platforms, hosts, registrars and other third parties to improve efficiency in dealing with takedown requests, finding new and innovative ways to better protect client interests;
- Keep knowledge current by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and online resources, and maintaining personal networks;
- Document processes and maintain accurate records of research and analysis undertaken;
- Provide statistics and other information, including sales and marketing material;
- Protect company assets by keeping information confidential;
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as directed and necessary for the running of the company.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Law or relevant work experience for the role;
- Excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Ability to demonstrate objectivity, sound reasoning, and delivery of commercial solutions;
- Ability to conduct online research and assess, aggregate and analyse data from a variety of sources, presenting findings in a clear and understandable way;
- Experience in delivering reports and presentations to a high standard.
- 1+ years professional experience in a legal role;
- Anti-piracy, brand protection or intellectual property experience;
- Knowledge of internet technologies and networks;
- Familiarity with intellectual property law and grey market issues;
- Additional Language.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach and willingness to compromise to find solutions;
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and maintains a calm approach and sound judgement when operating under pressure;
- Highest levels of integrity and ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately;
Competitive and appropriate for the relevant experience of the applicant.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job and is not considered an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and required skills. This Job Description does not constitute an offer of employment. INCOPRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer