Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is looking for a talented resource with experience supporting the setup, deployment, and ongoing support of micro-services (Java, Ruby, Node.JS stateless applications) and infrastructure clusters (Kafka, Elasticsearch, RDS) inside of AWS. We are a 100% AWS shop, so strong technical competency in ECS, Lambda, API Gateway and other core services is important in addition to Linux web system debugging skills.
You will work within our engineering teams to provide both Infrastructure and CI/CD support for local projects. You will also work closely with Internal Tool SRE team who will provide resources and additional support as subject matter experts for all technologies which you will use. We are looking for engineers who are smart, motivated, and are dedicated to efficiency and collaboration.
What You’ll Do:
- Support Java, Ruby and Node.JS applications running in AWS
- Provide AWS subject matter expertise to the local development teams
- Write terraform code to support development efforts
- Support FOSS technologies, such as Kafka
- Aid in the development of new CI/CD pipeline jobs
- Work across teams to suggest or contribute improvements to the platform modules and internal tools
- Assist developers with infrastructure support for production incident response
- Work collaboratively with developers on all new and existing projects
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Fast learner and able to work in a fast paced and agile environment
- Extremely flexible with day to day duties and willing to continually learn new software
- Must have an agreeable personality, work well with others, and possess good communication and documentation skills
- Good understanding of modern micro-services architectures
- Experience in supporting AWS cloud services, including ECS, Lambda, RDS.
- An in-depth knowledge of Linux fundamentals, including networking, file systems, and security best practices
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
- Terraform, Bash and Ansible
- Experience with Python/Go/Node.JS development
- Experience troubleshooting, debugging, and tuning web services/API’s.
- Experience tuning PostgreSQL or MySQL databases.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related disciplines and 3+ years of experience in IT infrastructure services or related field with at least 2 years of production Linux experience. Additional training, technical certification, and/or experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience working with Kafka and/or Elasticsearch
- AWS Professional Certifications
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- Free parking